- Local Government Other Unincorporated Entity
Local Government Other Unincorporated EntityVersion: 9.8.21
An other unincorporated entity is a number of people grouped together by a common purpose with club-like characteristics, for example, a sporting club, social club or trade union.
Some club-like characteristics are that:
- there are members of the association
- the members will normally be free to join or leave the association
- the association will normally continue in existence independently of any change to the composition of the association
- as a matter of history, there will have been a moment in time when a number of persons combined to form the association
- there is a contract (which can fall short of a legally enforceable contract) binding the members among themselves, and
- there is a constitutional arrangement for meetings of members and for appointing officers.
The meaning of any other unincorporated association or body of persons does not include a non-entity joint venture.Top